Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Icons - Final Round

I don't want to say anything specific about what round three of Icons entailed, since this is a public blog and part of the strength of round three is that it takes you by surprise.

I didn't know what it was going into it and I'm so glad I didn't. As it was, it was one of the most engaging, demanding, and fun exercises I've done all year.

I'm going to write simply that sometimes you have experiences with acting that remind you of why you fell in love with it to begin with. Today was one such day for me.

To describe this feeling, simply because I don't want to forget it: it was like without having to think at all I embodied the text and communicated it with ease and passion. I connected to the words effortlessly--it was in my body and in my voice and every move I made was made on natural impulse. Emotion wasn't summoned--it just flowed through me--another result of my simple committal to getting my point across.

Anyway. It felt great. And I know it was compelling. Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment